Alberta’s Source for Information About Yoga
YAA’s 40th ANNIVERSARY 1976-2016
As a Member of the Yoga Association of Alberta, you are supporting and encouraging the growth and unity of yoga in the province.
Please consider becoming a member today!
The Yoga Association of Alberta (YAA) is a non-profit charitable organization that has been supporting and offering yoga in Alberta since 1976. The YAA promotes high standards of yoga instruction through teacher training and certification and works in co-operation with individuals and yoga communities practising all recognized yoga disciplines.
Meetup for YAA – for the latest events!
Download an article from the Fall 2011 Yoga Bridge, Why Certify?
Support is provided to members and non-members through:
- Providing information about current and future yoga activities in Alberta.
- Publication of a regular newsletter, Yoga Bridge.
- Promoting and maintaining high standards of yoga instruction through teacher training and equivalency certification programs.
- Organizing workshops, retreats and other activities independently and in co-operation with individuals and yoga communities throughout the province.
- Serving hard to reach populations including prisons, street youth, women”s shelters, seniors and rural communities through an Outreach Karma Yoga Program.